Addons!

All aspects of World of Warcraft can be discussed here.
Exawatt

Addons!

Post by Exawatt »

Post what you use. Discuss.

Here's my current list:
Atlas
AtlasLoot
Auctioneer
CT_Mod (I only use about half of it)
Decursive (mage)
Enchantrix (enchanter)
Informant
OneBag3 (+OneBank3)
QuestHelper
Recount
Spellcraft (mage)

[edit1] Added a couple (thanks VV):
De-ice (mage)
FishingBuddy
MikScrollingBattleText
Prat
shieldmonitor
XLoot
[/edit1]

Any suggestions?
I've been looking for a way to manage the nameplates (health bars over each enemies' head). Something compact and hopefully shows aggro.
I'm also looking for a way to monitor my shield-type buffs (Power Word: Shield, for example, but mainly Ice Barrier). I hate guessing how fast it'll disappear.

I was going to post a whole topic with "What are addons" and "Where to get them" sections and such, but I figured that everyone here probably knows at least that much.
Last edited by Exawatt on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
GamingSanctum
Site Admin
SpamBot?: No

Re: Addons!

Post by GamingSanctum »

I think it'll be easiest to post an image of my addon folder. lmao.

As far as I know there aren't any nameplate replacement addons that have been successful. There was one awhile back but it practically raped your CPU for some reason, so they stopped development on it.

To monitor buffs/shields I would suggest Elkhano's Buff Bars usually refered to as elk buff bars.
It lets you create sections of buffs and place them where you would like, as well as debuffs.

Another handy one is Natur's Enemy Cast Bars.
It tracks everything from your target's cooldowns to diminishing returns on your abilities vs. your target.
Exawatt

Post by Exawatt »

:shock: View -> List

Thanks for the suggestions. Shame about the nameplates. It's a real PIA in rooms with 10+ guys... Can't see a damn thing.

I don't know about Elk Buffbars. It seems to be the same thing as CT_Buffmod. What I was looking for was something like the old ShieldLeft, which stopped development and no longer works. I think I found one: Shieldmonitor.

I'm going to check out Prat, MSBT, and XLoot. I'll let you know how that works out.

Good to see I'm not the only one using the Curse Updater. Man, that thing is a lifesaver. I just hope they don't realize they still haven't switched the program over from the "Premium trial"... It was supposed to end last October.

You can delete EnhTooltip. Last time I checked, Auctioneer merged it's functions with the other pieces.

Ah! MonkeyQuest! I thought they stopped development...
ImageImage
GamingSanctum
Site Admin
SpamBot?: No

Post by GamingSanctum »

eff you and your list.

and monkeyquest for life.